Becoming a Member
What are the benefits of a GVDSS membership?
- Time sensitive information sent out via email
- Access to GVDSS programs
- Social events including the Ups Club, Teen Group and Adult Group activities
- Applying for bursary funds (for educational purposes)
- Educational workshops and information sessions
- Networking with other families through our private members Facebook page
- Membership directory
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting
- Standing for election to the Board
- Participate in committees approved by the Board
How much does it cost?
GVDSS recently switched to a Lifetime Membership policy. A one time membership payment of $25.00 for regular membership and $5 for Self-Advocate membership applies.
You may include a donation as well with the membership application; these donations are tax deductible.
How to Become a Member:
First – complete the online Membership Application form
Second – pay your membership dues. You can either send a cheque (payable to the Greater Victoria Down Syndrome Society) to GVDSS, PO Box 35082, Victoria, BC V8T 5G2 or you can pay via PayPal link below.
a. Regular Membership (Family, Friends, Professionals) – $25.00
b. Self Advocate Membership – $5.00
- Join the Board or a committee
- Propose an event, workshop, guest speaker, fundraiser, etc.
The Board welcomes suggestions for events, workshops, guest speaker, fundraising ideas, etc. If you would like to propose an event, please email us. The Board will consider the proposal at its next meeting.
- Volunteer opportunities (members and non-members)
There are always ways the GVDSS can benefit from the help of volunteers who are members as well as those who are not GVDSS members.