Becoming a Member
What are the benefits of a GVDSS membership?
- Time sensitive information sent out via email or by phone
- Access to programs
- Social events including the monthly Ups Club, Teen Group and Adult Group activities
- Applying for funds (for educational purposes)
- Educational workshops and information sessions
- Networking with other families
- Membership directory
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting
- Standing for election to the Board
- Participate in committees approved by the Board
How much does it cost?
GVDSS recently switched to a Lifetime Membership policy. A one time membership payment of $25.00 for regular membership and $5 for Self-Advocate membership applies.
You may include a donation as well with the membership application; these donations are tax deductible.
PLEASE NOTE: Families new to the GVDSS automatically receive a free membership for that calendar year.
How to Become a Member:
First – download the Membership Application Form and fill it out.
Second – after completing the form, you can either print it out and mail it with a cheque (payable to the Greater Victoria Down Syndrome Society), or save it to your computer and email it to email@example.com (pay via PayPal link below)
a. Regular Membership (Family, Friends, Professionals) – $25.00
b. Self Advocate Membership – $5.00
Join the Board or a committee
Propose an event, workshop, guest speaker, fundraiser, etc.
The Board welcomes suggestions for events, workshops, guest speaker, fundraising ideas, etc. If you would like to propose an event, please email us. The Board will consider the proposal at its next meeting.
Volunteer opportunities (members and non-members)
There are always ways the GVDSS can benefit from the help of volunteers who are members as well as those who are not GVDSS members.